Thursday, May 27, 2010

My Social Profile

This semester I have learned so much in the social media class. I have learned how to use different types of medias and learned to love them. This is my blog and I have enjoyed learning how to blog and now enjoy blogging everyday.
I started learning how to twitter last semester, but never really got into until now. I always thought that twitter was just a place that people only updated their status; however, twitter is so much more. It is a place to communicate with so many different people all at once. You can talk about a specific topic such as a TV show or connect over a specific topic.
I have always been a huge fan of facebook and I still do love it. It is a great way to share information and connect with friends.
I have not been on linkedin and did not really know what it was all about. I have learned that it is a great way to network with others. This is a great place for you to really showcase yourself and your talents. Future employers can look up your linkedin profile and see what you are capable of.
I have also created a flickr account. Flickr is a great way to share photos and be able to own the copyrights to the pictures you take.
There are also so many other things that I have learned how to use. I learned how to make a podcast which you can view on this blog in the google buzz podcast blog. I have learned how to learn foursquare. I really loved learning about foursquare and I feel like I must get a smart phone now to be able to use it more accurately.
This was a great class and I have learned so much about different social media networks. I am sad that the class is ending, but I know that I will take what I learned from this class and use it the way that is best for me.

No comments: